


Clara and Noah participated in theater camp that prepared and preformed Peter Pan in just one week of practice. Noah was a pirate (Shmee) and Clara got to be a fairy and an indian. It exceeded all expectations. The kids absolutely LOVED going, participating and even performing. My parents actually started dating while performing "Annie get your Gun" that my Grandpa directed then while Josh and I were engaged I choreographed and we both performed in "Hello Dolly" so I guess this makes the forth generation of musical performers. The setting, the story of Peter Pan is so magical. The music has lingered with us all summer because of a CD recording they gave us to practice everytime we are in the car we listen and sing along. I think the rest of my days I will have a sweet tender feeling come over me when I hear the lovely music. I am so grateful my friend hosted and shared her SUPER talented sister for the week. If you ever have the chance to have your children attend Cooney Camp, make it happen!
4 comments:
This all looks so great! Have to admit I've been blogstalking the site waiting for an update, knowing that you are so busy being a mom, there's never really time to report on being a mom, but I am so glad you took the time for all these wonderful updates. Love seeing the kids and your creative activities!
(I know, Pat, fun to see a bundle, huh?) I have also loved hearing them sing along with their cd. Music is magic. A line from another song comes to mind: "Come with me, and you'll be in the world of pure imagination..."130
It was SO fun to go see this. What an amazing experience for the kids. And they were fantastic!!!
i wish i could have seen this. maybe they'll sing a little bit for me in the car next time
Post a Comment