 |
| my sweet miserable boy |
 |
| After the meds started kicking in. |
 |
| Ben came for the adventure and both boys got blankets from the volunteers. |
I bought a huge bag of pistachios from Costco that the little girls and I love. I insisted that Noah just give it a try. just one. I'm telling him how yummy and good for him they are are. So, reluctantly he went along with it. I don't think he got the whole thing down before he was spitting and saying he's "allergic" ;) I give him a pat, pat and tell him he's not but he doesn't have to eat anymore if he doesn't like them. After a few minutes it turns into serious crying, telling me he needs to throw up and his throat is scratchy. I could tell by his demeanor he was feeling super bad. At the time, I thought I was being EXTRA precautious by giving him benadryl and calling my doctor. I explained the symptoms to the nurse she said to immediately hang up and call 911 or take him to an ER myself if I could be there within in 10 minutes. We rushed off and sure enough he was throwing up hives over his body. They tried 5attempts of an IV (both arms twice and his hands). Five hours later, we have joined the epi pen carrying group, food allergy family. SO scary that each exposure can bring more dangerous reactions. We are still a few weeks out from seeing the specialist to see about other tree nuts but no pistachio pudding for my buddy. He was a champ (esp. with the I.V) and loves sharing his war story of his hospital stay.
3 comments:
Oh buddy. That makes me so sad for him. That's SO scary for you too. I'm glad you reacted quickly.
I'm so grateful it all worked out so well. And it makes me laugh to hear him talk about his time at the hospital. He really is quite proud of it. Very cute!
Scary. How can such a tiny exposure have such a profound reaction?? Those pictures just make me say, "Pobrecito!"
Post a Comment