Monday, December 5, 2011

giving thanks 2011

The eve of thanksgiving I spent baking with Lissy.  Nothing like baking with your sis to make you feel a little piece of home for the holidays.
 

my boys

I even did name places!
watching football

Part of the prep team.

Stika Family + a new friend - Josh's crew

Thanksgiving morning I made the kids watch the Macy's day parade for a little bit and eat Chex mix (seemed more like a Broadway Review...would it hurt to show a marching band NBC?)  Some traditions must be past down.

I actually got all the kids ready, in hopes for a successful family picture.  Daddy tried to get the kids to watch a little football.  Clara and I set the table and anxiously waited for Josh's family to come.

Grammy Pat prepared most of the yummy food.  I had to laugh that the "round the table" picture didn't show any of our immediate family,  maybe next year one of us will make it to the adult table :).


Best shot of the kids I got on my iphone. They clean up pretty well.  I love my cuties, I'm one lucky mama.

Josh's dream came to true for a turkey bowl in his very own front yard.  (He was dreaming this up even when it was just a pasture with piles of dirt and rocks around.)  The game was competitive as it could be for having Grandma in her socks (not that it slowed her down), and little kids on each side. Although, it took a little round the group up, when they were all out there, everyone had a fun time.

2 comments:

Lissy Sarvela said...

So SO So fun! Looks and sounds like a wonderful day.

Rebecca said...

That looks like a beautiful day with all the Stikas in such a lovely setting. What a great Thanksgiving!