For Noah's birthday post this year I thought I'd give a glimpse into Noah's life right now.
favorite songs:
"We'll Bring the World the Truth" knows every word, sings throughout the day (all day, every day), even sang it in Primary by himself!
"Make A Man Out of You" from Mulan, dances, leaps, jumps, sings, and drums to it on repeat for as long as I can take it.
"Little Drummer Boy" this one has the greatest longevity it started during the Christmas season last year and has continued throughout the year. He is very particular about the arrangement it has to be Josh Groban singing it.
favorite toys:
garbage trucks, recycle trucks, street sweepers
favorite foods:
chocolate milk, mac and cheese(preferably not mom's kind...he asks for the unhealthy kind), he is still like Elf "every things better with a little syrup on it." Who is teaching him these healthy habits???
favorite activities:
swinging, riding bikes, going to the park, swimming, taking baths, helping dad (chasing daddy, wrestling daddy, rocking out with daddy), going to the library, playing with friends, reading books, watching garbage trucks etc. on youtube, making clara laugh, making everyone play pretend (being firefighters, grandmas/pas, neighbors etc.)
favorites shows:
curious george, wonder pets, and little bear
my favorite noah times:
every night dad reads noah stories and then calls me in for prayers and then I stay with noah to sing songs and talk. We usually sing a few made up songs and then a few primary songs together. It's my precious snuggle time that I pray lasts for a long, long time.
favorite noah"isms" of late:
noah: "Mom sing me a nice bad guy song"
me: "But bad guys aren't nice"
noah: "Some bad guys are bad but some bad guys are learning to be nice, right mom?"
noah calls the wrinkles that you get on your fingers and toes bathing "sprinkles" and so often holds up his hands in the bath and says, "uh oh, sprinkles" knowing he will soon need to get out.
last year in joyschool I taught a whole lesson on this concept which last night during our pillow talk he brought up again.
noah: "mom, you love me when i make a mistake?"
me: "yes"
noah: "but you don't love my mistake"
then he recalled back something I did a few months ago (which he thought was a mistake) and applied the same thing to me. Telling me he still loves me, but doesn't love my mistakes. Glad to know a few things are sinking in.
I love this boy so much, what a joy! Happy 4th my super Noah!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday to the boy!! What a sweet profile of Noah. Especially his musical faves. And those are some adorable, hereto unseen photos! Pictures sure capture a variety of moods and moments.
Laura, what are you trying to make me cry?!?! That was the sweetest tribute a mom could ever give her little guy. You need to print that whole post and put it in a scrapbook. He is very blessed to have you as his mother!! We love you Noah Bear! Happy Birthday Grown Up Kid.
Happy Birthday Son! What a terrific post Laurakate =) What a wonderful mother you are.
Laura you are such a wonderful mom! I love reading what fun you guys have. We miss noah and tay wished the other night he could be our other brother. bring him over to play soon!
What a cute little boy Laura! Noah is adorable and looks like such a fun boy...it's too bad we don't live closer, many of Noah's favorite things are Lincoln's as well...they would be fun buddies! You're a cute mom and I hope you had a great time celebrating your boy! :)
I love that little guy. Thank you for including some of his favorite things and sayings.He is such a nice boy. I am forever charmed.
Post a Comment