Sunday, April 1, 2012

clara's b-day note

My Sweet Clara Jane,

You are my forever side kick.  Through thick and thin I'm glad you want me by your side.  You are incredibly smart, and intuitive.  You love your independence,  I so wish at times I could help you work through things (esp emotions) ...it's part of my mommy job description! :)  Three was a challenging, big year.  There were three major illnesses, a hospital stay, you started preschool, primary and dance.  I am continually awed by your braveness. You are funny, silly, sweet, strong willed, shy, creative.  I love your imagination!  I love how loving you are to Baby Ben.  I love drawing pictures on your back and singing you lullabies.  I love when you play nice with Rowan and Noah, they sure love to play with you.  For the lucky that get a chance to see the real Clara they just love you and find you charming, fun and enchanting. 
XOXO
mommy

a few anicdotes of late...on our way to a play date the street was lined with "popcorn" trees (blossoming spring trees).  She was giddy, and excited.  "mommy look at all the popcorn trees!  I think we have a few minutes to stop and get a snack, we could bring ellie a popcorn ball too!"
She wants to be called a new name every day in the past week its been: Alena, Puppy, EmmaEllie, and Barbie (boo) but due to her inability to form "r's" it comes out "Bobby".
From Ben's birth Clara has been his little mommy.  She can make him belly laugh more than anyone.  She always calls him her "born baby".  I see her looking out for him all of his days.
For a little one that struggles daily with difficult meltdowns I am always so grateful how she is able to finally turn it around and be full of joy once again. 

I started a birthday interview to keep through the years...(thanks pinterest, for the idea)
1. What makes you happy? you (me/mommy...heart melted!)
2.  What makes you sad? tornadoes
3.  What's one of your wishes? a pony set
4.  Favorite color? pink and purple
5.   Favorite food? top ramen, artichokes
6.  Favorite song? Twinkle, One little light on the Christmas tree, I am a child of God
7.  Favorite game? memory
8.  Favorite show? Curious George
9.  Favorite movie? Dora and Tangled
10.  Favorite animal?  Stuffed ;)
11. Favorite book? Tinkerbelle, Angelina Ballerina
12.  Favorite drink? milk
13.  Favorite Holiday? Christmas
14. Favorite toy? kitchen and cupcake bear "Sprinkles"
15. Favorite outfit? Bedazzeled dress from Claire for her b-day
16.  Who do you like to play with? Row and Noah
17.  What do you like to play?  making rivers outside with the expensive house water (we have irrigation so I'm always telling them not to play with the expensive house water outside)
18.  What do you want to be when you grow up?  A princess, Rapunzel
 Should be fun to see how it changes through the years.  Love, love you my girl!

3 comments:

Peg said...

That interview is a FABULOUS idea. Cute responses. Yes, she IS enchanting.

Lissy Sarvela said...

I love this little girl so much. It's fun to compare that picture of her at the end of the post to the one over on the right column of your blog where you're holding her up kissing her. It's hard to believe she was ever that little. Where did the time go?

Love you CJ! (I mean, Bobby).

Rebecca said...

Clara is charming, silly, clever, sweet, and smart. I know she's had some rough times, but that doesn't change how special she is to those around her. I look forward to seeing how she continues to grow and develop. I can't believe the years have passed so quickly already.