Thursday, January 19, 2012

benjamin's blessing

Benjamin and Jesse (cousins just 10 days apart)
Sunday the eightenth of December our little Benjamin was given a name and blessing from his daddy.  He was able to have both Grandpa's in the circle, which was an extra special blessing.  Both Josh and I have liked the name Benjamin for various reasons.  King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon is a favorite of mine.  I love his teachings of the be attitudes...be humble, meek, patient, kind etc.  I also love the kind of leader he was...steadfast, loving, and hard working.  All great qualities to share a name with.  August came from my paternal grandfather.  He too was a wonderful man.  He took great responsibility as a patriarch of our family.  He blessed our life and the community with his music.  With the sweet coos Ben has I think he is already on his way to be a great musician :).  We coordinated the blessing to be when lots of family was in town.  It was great to share his special day with so many good friends and family.
Stika Family of Six: Rowan Ben Clara Noah
Grandma and Grandpa Sanders
Grandma and Grandpa Stika
Four of the six siblings: Lissy, Laura, Rebecca, and Adam

1 comment:

Pat Stika said...

Love catching up on the holiday recaps! Truly a beautiful blessing day..