Finally, a vegetable we can all agree on. We love them. We have had them about 10 times this season...thanks to some great sales and the decent price at Costco. It was a major treat as a child, we would of course have to share. My kids have followed in my footsteps and enjoy theirs dipped in a butter, lemon sauce. (Josh hasn't even broken out the mayo in recent years and converted to it as well.) They love the process of me preparing the heart. Clara eats the stem and all and still manages to wiggle a few bites of Josh or I's heart. It's funny (mostly gross), at the start of the season I would go back over the kids leaves to not waste any (mom, I so remember you doing it when we were little as well!). The last time I actually went to the heart first and didn't finish all my leaves (gasp!). Josh and I really were meant to be, we both loved them as children and have passed that love on. I hope you have had the chance to enjoy one this season as well.

5 comments:
Oh my gosh, no, I haven't cooked up a single one. How dare I?!? We do love them at our house, still with mayo and salt...guess I better head over to the store right now! I'm sure I scraped the kids leftovers, back in the day, as well. It is so great your kids are eating their vegetables...and if it gives you something to blog about, all the better!!
Oh yeah. Kids after my own (artichoke) heart.
I love your blogs!
Oh Laura Kate how I miss eating artichokes with you on a summer evening!
Ahhhh...great memories. Glad you are carrying the tradition on in your fam!
Post a Comment