Sunday, June 27, 2010

chasing waves...chasing children

Josh, his brothers, and friend took an amazing surf vacation to Panama.  Josh got the opportunity to do a loan in exchange for a weeks stay at his clients surf camp for four people.  Since the travel accommodations weren't ideal for a family of with a toddler and newborn I took one for the team and stayed home with the littles. I was really trying to have Josh write the post because the stories were so fun and crazy.  I went ahead with posting it  so I can begin to catch up with this months blogs.  I picked out a few pictures that I thought highlighted the trip...surfing, nature, friendship. I was so grateful to have my mom come out and help for a lot of the time Josh was a way.  It made his time away bearable and enjoyable....but I still get dibs on the next adventure.







We did a few of our own adventures around town and to visit the animals at Thanksgiving Point.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Those pictures of wildlife are crazy!!! That's pretty awesome.

Lissy Sarvela said...

Fun times at home and abroad!!!!!

Peg said...

You can't have pictures of a skulking crocodile and a menacing crab without a story! I'm guessing the monkey is not a pet either. Tell Josh I expect some details.

Grammy Pat said...

Ditto...want details!! Josh, spill!

darcie said...

unbelievable. lucky dog. now i want to hear the stories.

Josh Stika said...

Thank you sweetheart for making the whole thing even possible. Returning the favor is going to be quite the challenge - maybe the sanders girls can plan their own nice week long adventure sans children and see how the men do. (just make sure it's somewhere close so we can call for help - a nice getaway to Tooele perhaps)