Today is Josh's 30th birthday. Last year I thought I would be sweeping him off to some adventurous, fun weekend and instead we made dinner at home, returned books to the library, and had family home evening. (The adventure vacation is coming in May with a brother surf trip to Panama). I want him to feel special today. I have always been amazed what he has accomplished in is (young) life. Here are just 30 of your amazing accomplishments (in no particular order...silly/serious all thrown together).
1. Noah
2. Clara
3. Rowan
4. Won two bikes for running 300+ miles is grade school
5. Learned to Surf (even got a nickname Utah in the waters of Santa Cruz)
6. Served a fultime mission to Italy
7. Can speak Italian
8. Bought/owned some beautiful cars and 5 beautiful homes that you worked hard on and for
9. Owner of a successful business
10. Successfully switched door openings on the washer and dryer
11. Finished a triatholon (Oops, duathalon for the scouts in santa cruz)
12. First in family to graduate HS
13. Climbed the Great Wall of China
14. Learned to make amazing salsa, and the best creamy white sauce
15. Built your own guitar
16. Performed live in California and Utah
17. Wrote your own music
18. Took three of your family members back to Italy
19. Married in the Temple FOREVER to your laura kate
20. Passed all levels of that ridiculous war game on your phone
21. Taught yourself to swim at a somewhat advanced age
22. Supported your brother on his mission
23. Inducted into Pearl Jam superfandome (kind of made up but you would be if there was one)
24. Reads more books in a year that most (at least me) in a lifetime
25. Can tidy a house in 15 minutes
26. Successfully grew ringlets
27. Mastered the art of grilling steaks
28. Can eat an entire box of Sandies cookies and only have a six pack to show for it. (grrrr!)
29. Won a nationwide essay contest for a soda company ($7000 prize)
30. Is able to be happy where he is at while still driven in his future goals.
i love you. can't wait to be there for the next 30.

6 comments:
That is an awesome list. I'll add: he can bargain like nobody's business, he has a great laugh/giggle, he's my go to guy for financial advice, he was my friend before he was Laura's, and he generously shares his wife and children with me. I love ya Josh. Thanks for being such a great brother-in-law.
WOW - Thirty things to celebrate! I never heard about #29, I envy #7, I seem to have missed # 26. Speaking of fans (#23), you have many, Josh, including us. Apparently Laura is the president. :) Happy BD
Perhaps due to an immense amount of modesty, the author neglected to mention # 31 - Was willing to date how ever many it took to find the girl of his dreams, and succeeded at that, too! Thanks Laura for being such a great Mate and Mother and Daughter in Law.
You got a winner in J-Dawg. He's a sweet dude, and you are a sweet wife. You neglected to add to the festivities on his actual birthday the bestowal of some pretty sweet surfer dude gifts. He's lucky to have you, girly! (and you're lucky to have him).
Josh you are such the amazing man Happy birthday!
What a nice list :) Happy Birthday to Josh!
Post a Comment