Thursday, December 10, 2009

counting blessings, instead of sheep

I think its just third trimester woes, but I have lots of sleepless nights. (It seems like a cruel way to prepare you for the sleep deprevation that comes with caring for a newborn.) Gratefully, some words of a song I heard the MOTAB (mormon tablernacle choir) sing came to mind (the post title) and I have taken up my restless nights thinking of all of my blessings large and small. With Thanksgiving just past, and Christmas just around the bend, it seems like the appropriate time to share a little of my list.
good health
music
kind strangers
exceeding expectations
a clean house
green lights
freedom
making a good choice
watching your child make a good choice
getting to stay home with the kids
noah and clara playing together
homemade food
watching horses from my window
a backrub from Josh
feeling the baby kick
singing Christmas carols
twinkly lights
family "shows" on the hearth in the evenings
modern medicine
a warm home
my testimony of Christ
an eternal family
friends/family that love you as you are
a good night sleep
being happy in the moment

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

lovely thoughts. thank you for sharing them

Cindy said...

Good list, Laura. But one stands out to me. Clean house. Oh, to have a clean house. And I only have 1 child. It can't be any easier with more kids. Good work!