The Old House
Morning after our first night in the home
oops, water heater had not been turned on so we boiled water on the stove and added it to the cold of the sink to bathe the kids...they didn't seem to mind
Grandma Pat helped Noah transition easily to life in the "country" (Don't worry Dad we will come to you for any real tractors)
Who needs toys when you have boxes to play in?
Wow, this has been quite a process and we are still not done. We began moving a few weeks ago and yet just brought our last load from the old house last night (now all that is left to do is clean and get her shining ...Liss and Mark move in next weekend so time is ticking). Yes, it is a circle of life, my sister and her husband are buying the South Mountain home which just solidifies how right this has felt from the start. We love that home and are so happy to have family who love it too get it. The new home is amazing but not without adjustments. I have turned around for a minute and lost Clara (she thinks its so funny to hide in closets), we laid sod in the back (25 pallets!!) Clara and Noah love to play in the dirt in the front pasture. Let's just say bathing is not just part of a calming, nighttime routine but a necessity, (they get so dirty). I find myself having to reign in my projects and keep perspective of what needs attention right now. I have this grand picture of the family tending the garden, gathering eggs from chickens, composting, canning our own fruit ...etc. Like all worthwhile labours it will take time. For now I need to happy with unpacking a few more boxes, while maintaining the every day upkeep of the house and tending my own chicks.
8 comments:
Such a big adjustment, but it looks like you are doing great with it. By the way, you left the blanket and announcement here yesterday. I'll have to drop them by this week. Love you guys.
Just from the few pictures the house looks gorgeous! Good luck with all the adjustments! With more people in the family...a "simple" close move takes more time! :) Would love to see it and you guys sometime, hopefully soon. Have fun with your little chicks! :)
Well said, Lo. You're doing a beautiful job of it all.
Thanks for the shout out...we are SUPER pumped to be moving into the South Mountain house!! And it has been fun being a part of the new adventure at your new home too. The whole transition for all of us is just really cool....
canning...? chikens...? who are you people? just last week you were normal people living in the burbs and now your farmers I've got to come and bring my boys over so they can learn how to work. do you ever slow down? we miss you so much. It was funt to see you the other day. don't be strangers!
Now that you are on the homestead I expect handmade sweaters and organic everything.
:)
Kidding aside, with any move or new beginning, you really do have some creative opportunities. I am excited for you. Bless this house...
I am glad to see the post. I have been waiting for an update. I hope that your move wasn't too far or at least a little further west. That way maybe our families really will get together. Your home looks amazing and what a cute family to fill it. I am so happy for you. Really I am going to call you guys sometime.
your new house looks beautiful where is it?
Post a Comment