Thursday, April 2, 2009

hawaii 2009














aloha!
Hawaii was such a special trip for the family. Like any vacation it was not with out its ups and downs. Yet, already looking back on it, the happy moments are what's remembered. The kids did great on the flight. A couple on the plane waited until we were deboarding to say we had the most delightful, well behaved children they have ever flown with. These are words I never would have expected to hear, way to go kiddos!


The first night we arrived there was the most beautiful sunset. Noah, who on our last ocean vacation didn't get in the water, jumped right in the first time. Six months makes a big difference with kids and the beach just outside our hotel had a wave barrier which was perfect for them.

Day 1: travel, settle in, Waikiki beach

Day 2: Beach, Pearl Harbor, Beach (Josh rented a surf board for the week so he went out in the mornings and Noah and I tried a little during the day.)

Day 3: North Shore, Polynesian Cultural Center

Day 4: rain, Pali look out, Pizza in Waillea

Day 5: North Shore (watching surf spots, maszumoto's shave ice, mommy sick)

Day 6: (clara and mommy really sick...Sunday so we rested in the hotel all the day...Josh upgraded the room to family suite so we were not in a 10x10 with sick germs...good man)

Day 7: beach, beach, beach (daddy threw out his back...again...surfboard returned)

Day 8: Yummy breakfast, St. Patty's Day parade, pack, go home.

I called home well into the trip to talk to mom for advice with being so sick and dad answered. I asked him how in the world they traveled with all us kids (6) when were little and without a pause he said, "You'd have to ask mom". I need to say a big thanks for taking us on so many adventures as a family, because being on the reverse side I recognize the effort it takes as the parent. My memory from my first time to Hawaii when I was about Noah's age was eating fruit loops, so we made sure Noah had that experience as well. Josh and I both agreed the best moments of the trip were playing with the family on the beach. Noah got a souvenir ukulele, which he just loved, he took it out in the ocean and played songs about the helicopters flying over head. The other tourists couldn't get enough of him and were sneaking pictures right and left. Clara had no hesitation digging, crawling, in the sand and water. Noah's already been asking, "Can we go to Hawaii tomorrow?"

5 comments:

Shanalyn Wilde said...

How FUN! I'm so happy you guys got to go! It sounds like such a fun trip...I love Hawaii, we were there same time last year...it was perfect! Traveling with kiddos isn't easy, but overall, it is worth it and fun! Your little ones are getting so big! CUTE pictures.

Peg said...

Oh Laura, I LOVE these pictures! the kids' delight is obvious and soo appealing. Noah and his ukelele, Clara and her little girlie swimsuit, handsome daddy, radiant mommy..

great trip, tales to tell.

Rebecca said...

LOVE the pictures too. so special. want a nanny next time? I am applying.

inkley boys said...

I have been waiting for these cute photos! it looks like you had a great time I'm so jelous you got a tast of the sun, seeing as we might not get to see it till June:)

Jessa said...

That looks so fun! We are going in June and I can't wait! We were debating bringing the girls and in the end decided not to, how did that all go?