Wednesday, October 8, 2008

(gasp)oh jo, your one true beauty

For those of you not familiar with Little Women. This is a famous line that Amy (Jo's little sister) says in response to seeing Jo March after cutting her beautiful hair to sell to help her mother pay for vital travel expenses. I am nervous to hear the gasp and know the line people might be thinking.
I'm just three hours away from my first major haircut of my life. I have had varying degrees of long... long with layers, mid-back long, way to long to my bum long etc. I have had six inches cut off without anyone noticing. I feel like my hair has defined me more than my name. Which Laura? (oh the one with long hair). When I flip through family pictures through the year, ugh, decades, there I am with that same look.
I must admit it has served me well. I have used it to disguise my less than ample bosom. I have entertained several children I've baby sat by having them play with it. My husband even fell a little faster in love after seeing it swish back and forth in the morning sunlight running down Half Dome in Yosemite. When I lived in Tonga I had nearly an entire village come up to touch it saying "palongy" meaning "angel".
Okay, I know, too much, this is the problem. Can Laura be Laura without the long hair? I say yes! It is time to see. When you see me next hold back the gasp and tell me it looks great. I have a feeling I will be very vulnerable.

6 comments:

Peg said...

go Laura go!! the cheering section is rallying. this will only change the frame anyway, not the art, contrary to Amy's opinion. (as I recall, she was a little hung up on specific features, such as her nose) So if you are ready, be confident - go Laura go!

darcie said...

i. can. not. wait. post pics noooooooow!

RC Cola said...

Where are the pictures girl? I am dying here!

Lissy Sarvela said...

OK, so let me just tell ALL of you who have not seen her yet....BEAUTY!! This girl looks stunning. I took some pics, so I will email them to her soon so she can post them. She is a total hotty. She looks young, and sassy and stylish. WAY TO GO, LO!!!!

Jessa said...

Laura I can't wait to see you Thursday and see your new haircut!

Cody Sanders said...

LOVE IT! You look soooo cute! Now you will be addicted to changing up your look every once in awhile, it's fun times! Can't wait to see you in person. Love ya!