

Sorry it took a while to get the pictures. I donated 15 inches to locks of love. Everyone in the salon got really excited for me and made it this great positive experience. It did feel weird to hold the braid, like holding a part of yourself. I haven't shed a tear yet but I must admit I do kind of miss it. The stylist added some "warmth" to my base color (looks like red to me), it is nice looking a bit more like the kids. I know the cut looks a little boring but it still feels pretty drastic to me. (I really liked it until I showered and had to do it myself, Lissy had to come over to rescue me from the triangle mushroom I created.) The verdict so far has been all positive with exception from Noah. He cried for an hour and kept saying "go back and put your hair back on." Ah, I guess you really can't please everyone.
12 comments:
Hi Laura! I'm so glad you have a blog now! Can I add you to my sidebar? Your hair is so cute!!
Love your hair! Thats awesome that you donated it. I love blogs, they are a great way to stay in touch. Our blog is: http://thebanksclan.blogspot.com/
Your kids are so adorable, I hope you are doing good, you look fabulous!
it sooooo suits you. which is weird because you've always had long hair but this doesn't feel like you're trying to be something you're not. it's totally you and so fresh and adorable. i vote yes!
so cute about noah!
Hi Laura...so happy that you have started this blog! What a wonderful way to have your voice heard and document milestones. I have to say that I absolutely LOVE your hair! It looks great on you! What a wonderful thing you did by donating it too...you are so thoughtful.
Love you!
Karen
15in!! liberating, isn't it? do you wonder about the next life of your hair or the next life it will be part of? like donating an organ while still living. I love it! guess I'll just keep giving blood.
[Darcie had it right - fresh but you]
Yay Laura! LOVE your hair! It's so cute. To bad I wasn't there a week later so I could see it in person. You look great, but I love Noah's reaction to it! And it's not the same as Jo cutting her hair. Glad to see your blog.
Love your hair. I just cut off four inches of mine--and I thought I was being brave.
love it love it love it! I think it looks great Laura. I always wondered if I would ever see you with short hair.
now you are the most stylish mom on the block. You look so darling I love it, how could I not your so cute!
Michelle
Hi Laura, I LOVE YOUR NEW HAIR!!! You've always had beautiful hair but you're beautiful. This new style just shows off "you" even more. I'm so proud of you for donating it. Just think how awesome your hair will make someone else feel! I love you, Lo. You look fantastic!
Love Aunt Lisa
Hey Laura! I found you on Jessa's blog...hope you don't mind! I love your hair, it looks super cute! Your hair was gorgeous long, but it looks great short too! I'm lgad you have a blog, now we can keep in touch better! Your family looks adorable and happy! Hope things are going well with all of you and I will look forward to talking to you soon! :)
lo, love the haircut! finally i must say....i have never seen you with short hair and it looks sooooooo good, you will always look beautiful with long or short hair, but i must say i love the cute short stylish haircut, it suits you so well.
Post a Comment